Jewelry Catalog

Search

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pink and Black - Absolute Elegance

I visited my family recently and thought what better than to take hand made jewelry as gifts. It can't get more personal than that. Before starting on each piece,  I first thought about the person it was for, her likes and dislikes. The next phase was to think of a design which was age appropriate and attractive.


For this piece I decided to go with a design that is timeless and elegant. The pastel pink pearls and decorated black cloissone beads complement each other extremely well.


Though it looks like a simple design, I must confess that the earrings were the biggest challenge. I had to create a base before I could do the beading. I used lessons from the Pearl Flowers to make a strong base and a floral design. It's a great feeling when I can apply lessons learnt from a previously made design to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment