Jewelry Catalog

Search

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

All that glitters...

I had beautiful mother of pearl beads which I had been thinking about for a while, but had been unable to come up with a unique design. I recently bought some beautiful brown faceted beads as well. (Oh, how they shine!!) Now I must say that this design was not a sudden inspiration. I wanted to do something special with the brown beads. The insipiration again was an outfit with the same colors. I realised that these complement each other so beautifully, I had to put them together. Naturally, the next challenge was to come up with the design and I must say I did struggle with it. It took me over three weeks to work out the design.


The earrings were also a challenge. Since the mother of pearl beads are a good size, I didn't want to make a dangle and I also wanted to add the brown beads to create a well matched set. So working out the balance of the earrings without making them heavy was very tricky. I am extremely happy and satisfied with the final result!


Here is the complete set.

1 comment:

  1. a very pretty and unique pattern, liked the earrings a lot

    - Anita

    ReplyDelete